Last Updated on
Since we became parents our lives have become pretty chaotic between diaper changes, feedings, and nap time. Therefore my husband and I don’t get a lot of one on one time together. However, I’m very lucky to have him in my life, and I’m always looking for little ways I can show my appreciation to him.
Because we are new parents to a newborn we don’t get a lot of opportunities to go out. Which is why sometimes I feel like I haven’t left the house in over a year. I fully believe it’s important to make time for your relationship. Our relationship has shifted as our focus for the past 13 years has been only each other and now we have a tiny human to protect.
But because of my daughter, I know we have to make our relationship a priority. Being a parent will defiantly test your relationship at times especially when your sleep deprived. However, showing your appreciation to your spouse can be done by doing simple every day tasks. I know it would brighten my day up, so why not try it today?
25 ways to show appreciation to your spouse
1. Cook his favorite meal
2. Let him sleep in (while you get up with the baby)
3. Let him pick the movie to watch
4. Make his favorite dessert
5. Leave a love note in his car
6. Pack his lunch (leave a note inside)
7. Surprise him with lunch at work
8. Back massage
9. Buy his favorite candy or snack
10. Wash his car
11. Prepare his morning coffee for him
12. Make him breakfast in bed
13. Text him a sweet message in the morning
14. Plan a date night
15. Tell him 3 things you love about him
16. Recreate your first date
17. Plan a romantic date at home
18. Stay home from work together
19. Say thank you
20. Compliment him
21. Run his errands for him
22. Ask about his day
23. Buy his favorite beer (or alcohol beverage)
25. Kiss him hello, goodbye and goodnight always
If you’re looking for ways to show your appreciation today then try these easy and fun ideas. It will help bring you closer together and make his and your day better. Try to implement an idea into your everyday routine. Also if you’re looking for date night ideas check out my 15 free date night ideas.
What ways do you show your appreciation to your spouse? I would love to hear your ideas!